- Marketing translates and polishes great though pieces into quick to market, well thought out, easy to digest (and share) nuggets.
- Events are booked to discuss the emerging themes.
- LinkedIn groups form post event, and webcasts or one to ones are booked for further dissection.
- Collections of nuggets are turned into publications for distribution and sent with Deep Insights to clients to devour offline.
- A full record is kept of client interactions preferences, consulting, thought pieces received and the events they have attended – even what they browse, how much they read and what’s their favourite topic.
- Marketing augments client engagement and supports Account Managers with “your clients may like this – please forward or add them to our distribution”.
- Possibly networks of clients and consultants form, discussing relevant themes, formulating areas of interest and shaping a companies offerings.
And harking from my Rework chapter today (37 signals) – Who knows, the company may even start to think like a famous chef, and publish their best recipes for all – knowing that even if a competitor tires to do what they do – only they know how to really mix the ingredients.